View current job openings.
Director of Human Resources
Phone: (860) 652-7501
Fax: (860) 652-7505
The principal programs, services, and activities offered by this division are:
- Attract, develop and retain a diverse, well-qualified and professional workforce that reflects the high standards of the community we serve.
- Ensure proper compensation and classification for all positions in the Town’s structure.
- Advises and counsels department directors and staff on employee related matters.
- Updates and administers the Town’s benefits programs for employees and retirees.
- Provide appropriate programs for training and developing employees.
- Cultivate a work environment ensuring successful employee relations.
- Manages labor relations and contract administration.
- Ensures compliance with employment laws and government regulation impacting employment.
- Updates and interprets employee handbook, labor contracts, and Federal, State and local laws impacting employment.
In support of the Town Of Glastonbury’s Vision and Goals and Objectives, it is the Human Resource’s Mission to support the total organization by providing solutions to workplace issues that support and optimize operating principles enabling employees to contribute at optimum levels. This will be accomplished through developing and implementing policies, programs and services in all personnel operations with integrity, responsiveness and sensitivity to employees and other customers.
Goals and Objectives Fiscal 2016-2017
Continue with Phase II of MUNIS System integration of key employee data, including, pension enrollment date, benefits/beneficiary information, workers’ compensation, training data; implement Applicant Tracking and Position Control.
Comply with 2016 Affordable Care Act reporting requirements by working with Information Systems, Payroll and health insurance carriers to organize benefits data in ACA-prescribed format.
Implement select online CIRMA training for employees to minimize work disruptions associated with training off-site.
Work with CIRMA and Safety Committee to identify opportunities to improve safety and reduce loss claims.
Engage in employee records audit and make necessary modifications.
Continue to engage in office systems audit and streamline.
Identify employee health cost drivers, design and implement plan to reduce health costs.
The Human Resources Department is comprised of Human Resources and the Customer Service Center.
The Human Resources Department is located on the second floor of Town Hall. Our mailing address is:
Town of Glastonbury
Human Resources Department
PO Box 6523
Glastonbury CT 06033-6523
Our physical address is:
2155 Main Street