The principal programs, services, and activities offered by this division are:
- Attract, develop and retain a diverse, well-qualified and professional workforce that reflects the high standards of the community we serve.
- Ensure proper compensation and classification for all positions in the Town’s structure.
- Advises and counsels department directors and staff on employee related matters.
- Updates and administers the Town’s benefits programs for employees and retirees.
- Provide appropriate programs for training and developing employees.
- Cultivate a work environment ensuring successful employee relations.
- Manages labor relations and contract administration.
- Ensures compliance with employment laws and government regulation impacting employment.
- Updates and interprets employee handbook, labor contracts, and Federal, State and local laws impacting employment.
In support of the Town Of Glastonbury’s Vision and Goals and Objectives, it is the Human Resource’s Mission to support the total organization by providing solutions to workplace issues that support and optimize operating principles enabling employees to contribute at optimum levels. This will be accomplished through developing and implementing policies, programs and services in all personnel operations with integrity, responsiveness and sensitivity to employees and other customers.
Goals and Objectives Fiscal 2011-2012
- Finalize updating Employee handbook.
- Provide refresher training to all employees on the Code of Ethics in accordance with the Town Code Ethics Policy.
- Continue to meet with focus groups to review our health benefits plan for cost savings.
- Review and upgrade all job descriptions to ensure compliance with changes in Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and changes in technologies.
- Provide bi-annual informational sessions for all employees for retirement planning. Prudential, ICMA Retirement Corporation and the Social Security Administration will be a part of the presentations. These sessions are designed to help employees transition from employment to retirement.
The Human Resources Department is comprised of Human Resources and the Customer Service Center.
The Human Resources Department is located on the second floor of Town Hall. Our mailing addess is:
Town of Glastonbury
Human Resources Department
PO Box 6523
Glastonbury CT 06033-6523
Our physical address is:
2155 Main Street
Last updated: 9/12/2011 9:10:16 AM